flowers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Caitlyns first talk.

Today at church Caitlyn got to give her first talk. I have always felt bad about the fact that Caitlyn would watch the kids get up and give a talk or say a prayer and she was forced to sit and watch. Today though it was her turn (because mom insisted) to give a talk. They invited Caitlyn up (we had worked on her talk all Saturday for 45 min) and her eyes got big. And you could tell the look on her face was her way of say about time.
"Hi. I love my daddy. (then a page that she memorized from our talk) I love my brother shadow( another page from her book){not sure how to explain that doggies aren't brothers} my ... nick, snickers and buddy. (another page from the book) caitlynesse.......I say these thing in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
not bad for her first time. She really didn't want my help. She wanted to say what she wanted to say so I let her.
She went and did some of her sharing time and had a trip into the gym.
Joel then took her back to the meeting room so she could get ready for singing time. She decided she wanted "another" talk time so Joel let her.
"Caitlynesses... Buddy and Shadow play with Kerrigan..{her little friend that passed away last thanksgiving}..Love baby...caitlynesse...love daddy caitlyneses....in the name of Jesus Christ amen. "
Love that girl. I learn something new all the time! :)
So proud on her and the job she did. Now next month mommy will have a sharing time to talk to all the kids about Autism.

1 comment:

The Richardsons said...

Sha told me to come check out Caity's first talk. That's amazing that she would remember playing with Kerrigan. Brandon and I were very touched to read about her talk! Congrats to Caity on such a great first talk!